August 5, 2015

"Waiting On" Wednesday: Tell the Wind and Fire

Tell the Wind and Fire "Waiting On" Wednesday is hosted by Jill of Breaking the Spine.

I enjoy Sarah Rees Brennan's work (see one of my reviews), so I was quite excited when Angie pointed out that the cover had been revealed and an excerpt of the first chapter released over at Entertainment Weekly.

Now, the cover is super boring.  Cityscape, greyscale, title.  It's a very similar treatment to her novel with Justine Larbalestier, TEAM HUMAN.  But that excerpt!

Look, I was already excited about a modern fantasy retelling of A TALE OF TWO CITIES, basically my favorite book by Dickens.  That excerpt just whetted my appetite more.  So do yourself a favor and go read it.

All Amazon says right now:

"From New York Times bestseller Sarah Rees Brennan comes a magic-infused tale of romance and revolution that is lush, dramatic, and poignantly timely."

3 comments:

  1. I agree with you on the cover art: BLAH. But I'm always in for Sarah Rees Brennan, and a standalone fantasy sounds like my jam. I'm off to go check out the excerpt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you on the cover art: BLAH. But I'm always in for Sarah Rees Brennan, and a standalone fantasy sounds like my jam. I'm off to go check out the excerpt!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! To reduce spam I moderate all posts older than 14 days.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...